As the instructor for FILM 116 Experimentation With Media this Summer, I write to give you advanced notice of the supplies needed for this class. I will dedicate some class time on Monday, June 23 to buy supplies, but if you would like to get a head start . . .
All supplies are available from Riverwest Film and Video, 24 East Center St., Milwaukee, WI 53212, hours: 3-11pm daily, 414-265-8433. Just tell them that you are taking FILM 116 and they will set you up.
A GoogleMap is here:
Here are the supplies you will need by the start of class time Tuesday, June 24:
* Two (2) Rapid 35-0190 Electret microphone capsules for your DIY stereo mics ($2.50 for two)
* One (1) stereo audio cable with dual RCA male to single stereo mini (1/8") plug, 1.5m (4 feet, 11 inches) (about $5) (if it's not red and white, don't buy it!)
* Two (2) alligator clips
* One 1GB HD MIniDisc (~$7 each)
* One (1) pair of enclosed-ear design headphones, such as Maxell HP-550 MXA Full-Sized Digital Headphones, or JVC HA-G101 Stereo Headphones (~$12) (feel free to use your own headphones if you already have a pair)
* Eight (8) AA size regular or rechargeable batteries (+ charger).
* You don't need these right away, but you will need them eventually: Ten (10) blank CD-R discs or five (5) blank DVD-R discs for transporting your sound back and forth from the lab PCs, and for making back-up copies of your still photo, audio, and video files (available anywhere, less than $1.25 each, and less if you buy in bulk).
I look forward to meeting all of you and working with you in class. It's going to be a fun four weeks!
Monday, June 16, 2008